Job Title: Machine Operator (Slitting)
Reports to: Shift Manager
Main Purpose: To effectively and efficiently operate the company’s machines within the secondary print environment (i.e. Conversion, Laser, etc) within the required H&S restrictions and to achieve high quality standards.
|Main Duties||Delivered Through||Measured by|
|Adhere to Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.||· Health & Safety remains a non-negotiable. Always work in a safe manner.|
· Ensure safety, environment and quality always remain a priority.
· Be involved in the Near Miss programme and actively support and encourage your team members in the identification and close out of any near misses
· Always ensure your working environment and equipment in your area is safe and fit for purpose.
|· Zero lost time accidents|
· Clean safe working environment
|Operate the Slitter machine to strict KPIs||· Operate the appropriate machinery to produce products of the required quality and within customers’ specifications.|
· Constantly monitor output to ensure that it is of the standard required, rejecting any that does not meet the standards.
· Take appropriate corrective action to rectify problems as they may occur.
· Make any necessary adjustments to machinery to ensure that the required product quality is maintained.
· Ensure any adjustments made are recorded and documented within the SPC procedures.
· Ensure all relevant information is accurately input into the company’s business system for shop floor data collection purposes.
· Carry out the required QA testing to ensure the product meets customers’ requirements and strict specifications and accurately record results.
· Ensure the operation of the machinery remains within minimum waste, and quality rejects.
· Assist in the general preventative maintenance of the machine including cleaning of heads etc.,
|· Minimum NCRs on shift|
· All information recorded on Radius
· Weekly / Monthly KPI stats displayed to team
· Minimal downtime
|General||· Working with other Parkside colleagues to ensure the implementation of the company’s policies and goals.|
· Maintain regular, consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures at all times.
· Be flexible to support and assist outside normal working hours when necessary.
· Assist with other activities within the realm of your capabilities when required.
Attributes required to perform the above Job Description
- Good standard education (minimum 3 x GCSEs, Maths & English, or equivalent.)
- Experience of a manufacturing environment essential.
- Experience of reel to reel production processes essential (Print, Lamination, Conversion etc.)
- IT Literate with experience of operating computer operated machines.
- Able to work to demanding deadlines.
- Basic Health & Safety
- Well organised, able to plan.
- Good attention to detail.
- Logical thinker with the ability to solve problems and work out solutions.
- Good communicator.
- Team player.
- Enthusiastic approach.
- Ability to work flexibly to suit the needs of the business.
- Experience of a print environment advantageous but not essential.
- Experience of problem solving on machines and processes, advantageous but not essential.
- Willing and flexible to work in other departments as and when required.
- Flexible to accommodate the working shift pattern and work overtime when available.
To apply please send your letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.